CONSUMER COMPLAINT BEFORE THE DISTRICT CONSUMER DISPUTE REDRESSAL FORUM
BEFORE THE DISTRICT CONSUMER DISPUTE REDRESSAL FORUM, DISTRICT_____________
CONSUMER COMPLAINT NO. ___________ OF _______
IN THE MATTER OF:
LML, Son of _______, of ____ years,
Indian Inhabitant, Residing at ______
Carrying on __________ business. ..COMPLAINANT
PQR Ltd. having its registered office
at ___________________ ..OPPOSITE PARTY
COMPLAINT UNDER SECTION 12 OF THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT, 1986
MOST RESPECTFULLY SHOWETH:
- That the complainant purchased a fax machine bearing model No. ________ from ___________ Company Lt. on ___ of 2002 for a sum of Rs. ___________.
- That on _______ date the fax machine was delivered to the complainant and a receipt bearing No ________ for the payment was given by __________.
- That the fax machine thereafter developed certain fault for which repeated complaints were made to the opposite party. However, the opposite party made no effort to rectify the said faults.
- That on _________ date a written complaint was delivered at the office of the opposite party, in spite of which, the opposite party did not send any service engineer to rectify the faults. A true copy of the said complaint is annexed hereto as Annexure-”A”
- That due to the negligent acts of the opposite party the complainant has suffered loss and injury due to deprivation, harassment, mental agony and loss of professional practice, for which he is entitled to compensation.
- That the fax machine has a warranty for a period of _____ years.
- That the opposite party is liable for breach of contact as it has not complied with the terms of the guarantee and have acted extremely negligently in attending to the complaint of the complainant and is therefore liable to compensate the complainant for the loss and injury caused to him.
- That the cause of action arose on _______ date when the fax machine developed certain faults as mentioned above. The cause of action further arose on _______ date, when a written complaint was filed by the complainant.
- That for the purposes of section 11 of the Act, compensation claimed by the complainant is below Rs. __________/- so this forum has jurisdiction to determine and adjudicate this dispute.
- That the complainant is a consumer as defined under the act.
In the above mentioned facts and circumstances it is most respectfully prayed that the Hon”ble Forum may be pleased to:
- Order the opposite party to pay Rs. ________ as compensation and Rs. _____________ as costs;
- Pass any other such order, as this Hon”ble Forum may deem fit and proper in the interests of justice.
I ______________Son of _______________ Residing at _______________ do hereby solemnly affirm and state that the contents and particulars of the complaint stated above are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and no part of it is false and nothing material has been concealed therein.
Verified at __________ on ___ day of __________ 2002.